WMCC10 engages the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction and the Minnesota Department of Education in an annual process to construct work plans to advance the following key priorities:
- Developing a single, comprehensive needs assessment to identify strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Building and sustaining continuous improvement processes, including strategic planning and identification of evidence-based practices and how to implement them.
- Understanding how to better support and retain effective teachers and leaders in high-needs urban and rural schools.
- Identifying high-quality educational choices for students in rural and low-income communities.
- Maintaining a strong focus on educational equity.
WMCC10 also collaborates with other regions, the National Comprehensive Center, and the U.S. Department of Education to share promising practices and leverage additional resources to deliver regional priorities.